The North Raleigh Swim Club (NRSC) has adopted a 3-Strike policy for when behavior of a NRSC Member, Dependent, and/or Guest results in an Incident Report, or at the Lifeguard's discretion. The incident will be brought to the Board of NRSC for review from the Pool Manager and/or Lifeguard(s). The board will strive to meet within 2 days of the incident being provided to the board.
The following 3 strikes will be used:
• The first infraction will result in a two (2) day suspension period for the member(s) or guest involved in the incident as warranted.
• The second infraction will result in a seven (7) day suspension period for the member(s) or guest involved in the incident as warranted. If this person is between the age of 12-18, they can no longer attend the pool without a guardian present.
• The third infraction will result in the termination of the membership for the remaining swim season with no refund. If this is the third infraction of a guest, they will be banned from entry to the pool for the remaining swim season as warranted.
Theses policies will also be enforced for swim club practice and/or meet session, facilities rentals, etc.
Review and decision from the NRSC Board is final. The NRSC Board has the authority, if the situation warrants, to implement any of the 3 levels or modification of any of the 3 levels noted above as warranted but the incident.
1. Membership is required and club members must sign-in at the front desk at the start of each visit and sign-out at the end of each visit to the club.
2. Members are required to adhere to North Raleigh Swim Club's Guest Policy. (See 'Guest Policy' page for complete guest rules/policy information.)
3. Use of the facility before/after club hours is not permitted unless approved in advance by the NRSC Board.
4. No glass containers may be brought into the facility. Drinks are permitted only if they are in a plastic container, paper cups or cans.
5. No smoking inside entrance gates. (See 'Health Policy' Page)
6. No pets are permitted at the club.
7. No skateboards or roller blades may be worn or used inside the club entrance.
8. No climbing on guard chairs, fence and gates.
9. Dependents of Member Families can utilize the club without their parent(s)/legal guardian(s) when they are 12 years of age or older. They must follow all club policies and rules. (See the 'Guest Policy' page for Guest Policies specific to minor-aged dependents.)
10. Dependents of Member Families who are under 12 years of age must be accompanied by an adult member or a babysitter who is 16 years of age or older. (See 'Guest Policy' page for caregiver/babysitter policy details.)
11. Memberships fees are non-refundable. Should a member be required to relocate away from a reasonable distance from the NRSC, will be prorated and a $50.00 processing fee will be applied. This will be at the sole discretion of the NRSC Board. Any decision by the NRSC Board shall be final.
Please review these rules with your family before visiting the NRSC'S pool. If you have any questions about any of these rules, please contact the Pool Manager on Duty.
1. No swimming is permitted when life guards are off duty or before/after club hours.
2. Proper swim attire must be worn. Full coverage swimsuits are required - no thong or "cheekies" permitted.
3. Please shower all sand off before entering the pool.
4. No running or pushing shall be permitted.
5. No diving allowed, except off the pool deck in the diving well when the boards are closed.
6. No flips, back dives, or jumping backwards off the pool deck.
7. No spitting of pool water shall be be permitted.
8. No hanging on lane ropes, diving boards or ladders.
9. Use of starting blocks is only permitted during swim meets. No sitting or hanging on starting blocks is permitted.
10. The lap lane is for lap swimmers only. Please stay out of the lap lane unless you are swimming.
11. Lifeguards will take a break from monitoring the pool for the last 10 minutes of every hour. Minor members/guests are not permitted in the pool or on the pool stairs during these breaks.
12. Beach balls, splash balls, koosh balls or other soft balls may be thrown in the pool. No Frisbee, footballs, tennis balls or other hard rubber or plastic balls are permitted in the pool.
13. Large flotation devices or certain pool toys must have the Pool Manager’s approval prior to being utilized.
14. Lifeguards are permitted to put minor members/guests in a temporary 'sit out' if pool rules are not being followed and prior warnings are ignored.
15. Lifeguard requests or decisions on behavior, pool toys, are to be followed.
16. Swimming Capacity and Deck Capacity will be at the discretion of the Lifeguards, Pool Manager, or Board Member.
17. No inflatable arm floaties are allowed in the pool. Children unable to swim unaccompanied, must wear a puddle jumper and have a parent present in the water.
1. Diving Board weigh limit is 200 lbs. Members/Guests exceeding 200 lbs. are not permitted to use the diving boards.
2. To use the diving board, one must be able to swim independently without flotation devices. If a swimmer’s ability is in question, Lifeguards have the right to ask for a swimming capability demonstration. Use of the board will be denied if the Lifeguard assesses that swimming skills are inadequate.
3. Only one person shall be on the board at a time. The next person in line shall wait on the pool deck, not the ladder.
4. Wait for the preceding person to reach the side before jumping.
5. Only one bounce may be taken.
6. Jump straight off the board, not toward the side. Exit the water immediately.
7. Exit the water by the ladder closest to the board from which you jumped.
Please call the club if you have any doubt about the facility being open.
© 2022 North Raleigh Swim Club. All rights reserved